- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
We collect the personal identification information that you supply when you use or make a transaction through our website. Information you provide us commonly includes your name, email address, postal address, phone number.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register an account online or place an order for our products.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like (see the section on marketing, below).
Some of the products on LoveGardening.com are grown and dispatched by our subsidiary company, Seiont Nurseries Ltd (“Seiont”). If your order includes such items, we will share your data with Seiont to enable them to prepare and dispatch your order.
When we process your order, we may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Legal basis for processing data
Depending on the purpose of our use of your data, the processing of your data will be one of the following:
- Necessary for our legitimate interests, without unduly affecting your interest of fundamental rights and freedoms. Examples of our legitimate interests include the proper conduct of our business, looking after our customers and fulfilling orders in an efficient way.
- Necessary for takings steps to enter into or executing a contract with you for products that you request, or carrying out our obligations under such a contract, for instance when you place an order through our site.
- Required to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, for instance when we conduct checks to prevent against fraudulent transactions.
- In limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time.
How do we store your data?
We store your data on our secure servers. We take security of your personal data very seriously and ensure that the appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal information.
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. To help us do this, we apply criteria to determine the appropriate periods for retaining your personal data depending on its purpose, such as account maintenance, marketing or dealing with legal claims. For example, we will retain personal data for 6 years to reflect the length of time for which contractual claims may be brought under English law.
Sharing of your data with third parties
As referred to above, some orders you place with us through our site may be fulfilled by Seiont. In such cases, we will need to share your data with Seiont in order to fulfil these orders.
When providing products to you, we will also share your personal data with persons involved in the transactions. These include payment services providers, logistics companies, IT suppliers, marketing providers (where we are entitled to market to you) and others.
When we share your information with third parties, we take steps to ensure they meet our data security standards, so that your data remains secure.
Transfers of your data
Your data is stored on our secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Unless you request for us to do so, we will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of our Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us using the email address below.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether we process your personal data and, if so, access that personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain circumstances.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain circumstances.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain circumstances.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in (if applicable)
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously-selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Love Gardening Direct, Lovania Nurseries, 188 Blackgate Lane, Tarleton, Preston, England, PR4 6UU
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.